When will I receive the cashback?
If you are eligible for receiving cashback, it will be added into your PayPal account. Just in case, if you have still not received it, you can always look out for cashback under the ‘Offers’ tab on the PayPal App or under the Payment Methods section on the website.
Please note that cashback will be processed 5 days after successful transaction date.
How can I use my cashback?
The cashback will be automatically used in the form of a cashback voucher in your next PayPal transaction, until it is fully utilized prior to the expiry date. There is no cash out and payment will not be credited to the customer’s funding instrument (credit / debit card / bank).
How long do I have, to redeem the cashback?
Cashback can be redeemed within 60 days of the date of award. The expiry date of the cashback is mentioned on the email sent to your registered email account with PayPal. The expiry date of the cashback voucher can also be viewed by logging into PayPal account and checking the Payment Methods section.
Is it possible to transfer the cashback to another user?
No. The cashback is exclusively for the customer who has received it.
Can the offer be used by users with PayPal accounts from other countries?
This offer is applicable only to Indian users, transacting in local Indian currency.
What happens if the purchase value is less than the PayPal cashback in the account?
We only deduct the purchase value from the cashback amount. Customers can use the remaining cashback for their future eligible purchases, till the expiry date of the cashback.
Can the PayPal cashback be returned if the underlying transaction (transaction on which cashback is redeemed) is cancelled?
Certainly. PayPal cashback can be returned under the following situations. Do give these a careful read.
- Case 1: If a user pays INR 100, INR 20 through PayPal cashback and INR 80 through Funding instrument (FI) and the ENTIRE purchase is cancelled:
- User gets INR 80 in the FI and INR 20 as PayPal cashback (if the cashback is still valid)
- Case 2: If a user pays INR 100, INR 20 through PayPal cashback and INR 80 FI and the PARTIAL purchase (INR 50) is cancelled:
- First preference given to credit back to FI. In this case, INR 50 is credited to FI and no credit of PayPal cashback
- Case 3: If a user pays INR 100, INR 20 through PayPal cashback and INR 80 through FI and a PARTIAL refund (INR 90) is issued:
- First preference given to credit back to FI followed by PayPal cashback. In this case, INR 80 is credited to FI and INR 10 as credit to PayPal cashback as long as the cashback is still valid.